Norco Group Limited is looking for a part-time Battery Change Operative to join their team. The position is based on one of our clients’ sites in the Birmingham area. We are looking for someone who is confident and has an electrical/mechanical background. This is a permanent part-time position and the hours of work would be 12 hour night shifts, 2 nights on, 6 nights off; however the successful candidate must be willing to work flexible hours covering holidays & sickness where applicable.
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining, changing & repairing industrial batteries, chargers and associated equipment
- Report any issues or repairs to onsite Engineering Supervisor and to Norco head office
- Safely prepare equipment for transportation
- Compile reports and complete job sheets for submission to Norco HQ.
- Build up strong relationships with members of staff and customers
- Assist the site with holiday & sickness cover
- General housekeeping of the battery bay area
- Act as a support function for all areas of Norco business
- Strong electrical/mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of Forklift Batteries & Chargers
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Diligent and conscientious attitude with the ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Responsible and mature attitude
- Capability to work well under pressure
- Well organised
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to understand the technical nature of the product
- Experience of working with industrial batteries and chargers or technical experience is preferred but not essential as full product training will be given.
The successful candidate should be a keen all-rounder with a flexible approach to work and a willingness to learn, also ambitious to develop within the company.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter to Len Robertson, Norco House, Pitmedden Road, Dyce, Aberdeen AB21 0DT or alternatively by email to email@example.com.